A friend just recommended Four-Season Harvest: Organic Vegetables from Your Home Garden All Year Long by Eliot Coleman to me after hearing about my fall vegetable garden plans.
Any thoughts on how it compares to Fresh Food from Small Spaces: The Square-Inch Gardener’s Guide to Year-Round Growing, Fermenting, and Sprouting by R.J. Ruppenthal and All New Square Foot Gardening by Mel Bartholomew?
Also any thoughts on these books that I’ve just heard about:
- Bountiful Container: How to Create Container Gardens of Vegetables, Herbs, Fruits, and Edible Flowers by Rose Marie Nichols McGee
- Garden Primer by Barbara Damrosch
- Gardening with Heirloom Seeds: Tried-and-True Flowers, Fruits & Vegetables for a New Generation by Lynn Coulter
- Perennials Short and Tall: A Seasonal Progression of Flowers for your Garden by Moya L. Andrews
- The $64 Tomato: How One Man Nearly Lost His Sanity, Spent a Fortune, and Endured an Existential Crisis in the Quest for the Perfect Garden by William Alexander
Also, any thoughts on Taro: Mauka to Makai by The College of Tropical Agriculture and Human Resources, University of Hawaii at Manoa?