Have you heard of Joy Wilt Berry‘s “Let’s Talk About” Series books for children?
Berry’s books are illustrated educational children’s books intended to teach kids to assume responsibility for themselves and their actions.
I haven’t read any of the books myself but they sure sounds like good books for kids!
Let’s Talk About Series
- Accepting “No”
- Being Away from Your Parents
- Being A Bad Sport
- Being Afraid
- Being Bossy
- Being Bullied
- Being Careless
- Being Destructive
- Being Fair
- Being Forgetful
- Being Greedy
- Being Lazy
- Being Mean
- Being Messy
- Being Rude
- Being Wasteful
- Breaking Promises
- Needing Attention
- New Situations
- Overdoing It
- Playing with Others
- Saying No
- Showing Off
- Throwing Tantrums
Let’s Talk About Series – Interpersonal Feelings
- Feeling Cheated
- Feeling Disappointed
- Feeling Embarrassed
- Feeling Frustrated
- Feeling Guilty
- Feeling Inferior
- Feeling Jealous
- Feeling Lonely
- Feeling Rejected
- Feeling Worried
There are also several other series by Joy Wilt Berry . . .
Alerting Kids to the Danger Zones Series
- Abuse and Neglect
- Children’s Book on Sexual Abuse
- Danger of Kidnapping
Good Answers to Tough Questions Series
- About Change and Moving
- About Death
- About Dependence and Separation
- About Disasters
- About Divorce
- About Handling Traumatic Experiences
- About Physical Disabilities
- About Step Families
- About Substance Abuse
- About Weight Problems and Eating Disorders
Living Skills Series
- A Social Skills Book About Being Good
- A Good Manners Book About Being in Public
- A Safety Book About Being Prepared
- A Fun and Easy Book About Cleaning Your Room
- A Kid’s Money Book About Earning an Allowance
- A Good Manners Book About Eating
- A Children’s Book About Emotions : Handling Your Ups and Downs
- A Children’s Book About Manners: May I? Please? Thank You!:
- A Kid’s Guide to Making Friends: A Children’s Book About Social Skills
- A Kid’s Guide to Managing Money: A Children’s Book About Money Management
- A Kid’s Guide to Understanding Parents: A Children’s Book About Parent-Child Relationships
Survival Series for Kids (Ages 7 – 10)
- Be Careful!
- Be Good!
- Be Good While You’re There!
- Be Kind to Your Guests!
- Be Prepared!
- Clean Yourself Up!
- Do Something Besides Watching TV!
- Do Your Homework!
- Don’t Hang Around the Wrong Crowd!
- Don’t Overdo With Video Games!
- Don’t Slurp Your Soup!
- Earn Your Allowance!
- Get Good Grades!
- Go To Bed!
- Make Your Breakfast and Lunch!
- Stand Up Straight!
- Take Care of Your Clothes!
- Turn Off the Water and Lights!
- We Can’t Afford It!
- What Should You Say, Dear?
- Write to Grandma!
Teach Me About Series (Ages 1 – 2)
- Bathtime: A Special Times Book
- Bedtime: A Special Times Book
- Brothers and Sisters
- Getting Dressed
- Illness: A Safe and Sound Book
- Mealtime: A Special Times Book
- Mommies & Daddies
- Potty Training: A Growing Up Book
- Security Objects
- Separation: A Growing Up Book
- The Babysitter
Winning Skills Series, Get over It! Series (Ages 11 – 12)
- Bad Habits
- Criticism and Rejection
- Rude People
- Tough Situations
Winning Skills Series, Go For It! Series (Ages 11 – 12)
- Be Beautiful
Winning Skills Series, Work It! Series (Ages 11 – 12)
- Achieve Goals
- Be Assertive
- Be Creative
- Be In Control
- Be Smart
- Be Organized