I used to spend an awful lot of money on books. And then I rediscovered my local public library. Now I try to borrow books at the library and read them before I purchase them. Try is in italics because I don’t have a 100% success rate.
I’ve been pretty pleased with myself since I imposed this policy on myself. The only books I’ve purchased since have been those from the Library Book Sale; I just couldn’t pass up on the opportunity to by almost new books at $1 or $2 each!
In any case, I’ll keep that static page updated but here is my list of books to purchase as of today:
- Thank You For Arguing: What Aristotle, Lincoln, and Homer Simpson Can Teach Us About the Art of Persuasion by Jay Heinrichs
- The Brain That Changes Itself: Stories of Personal Triumph From the Frontiers of Brain Science by Norman Doidge
- What Got You Here Won’t Get You There: Discover the 20 Workplace Habits You Need to Break by Marshall Goldsmith
- More Than You Know: Finding Financial Wisdom in Unconventional Places by Michael J. Mauboussin
- The Mathematics of Love by Emma Darwin
- The How of Happiness: A Scientific Approach to Getting the Life You Want by Sonja Lyubomirsky
As for other lists I keep, you can always click the Currently Reading tab to see what I’m reading right now, the Books I’ve Read tab to read what I have read, Books to Read link to read what books I own that I haven’t read, or the Favorite Books tab to read what books I adore!